View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 11:19 AM
April7739
Fan Forum Hero

In regards to Tyler turning down the RHAP interview, I saw that, and admittedly, I was disappointed, because there is no one I would rather see do a RHAP interview about season 20 than Tyler, and I think he can offer a perspective that no one else in the cast is capable of. But having said that, I realize that the guy owes us nothing. It's totally up to him whether or not he wants to do a podcast or not. And I actually did watch that podcast all season long. Rob C. usually provides the laughs and humor and moderates the discussions. There are two main other contributors to the post episode podcasts, Taran and Brent. Taran is awesome and does all the live feeds updates and really likes to dissect the strategic game. (I'd love to see Tyler maybe do a podcast with just him.) But this other guy on the podcast, Brent . . . he just became so difficult for me as the season wore on that I could barely watch the podcasts he was in, because all he would do was complain, largely about Tyler and Angela. As a fan, yes, I'd love to see Tyler change his mind and do that podcast, but I also respect that he can make up his own mind about whether to do it or not.

In regards to the other stuff . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I think you guys are overreacting. I would have said that about ANY COUPLE. It's a known fact that most men want sons. I dont see what is so horrible about saying that? Cody already has a daughter. I never said he wasnt going to love his daughter lmao. I bet Jessica is very happy its a girl. I just think Cody is probably bummed it wasnt a boy. Its not that big of a deal. April literally just said above that his daughter was disappointed and thats fine to say but I say Cody is probably disappointed and I get dragged through the mud over it? How is it any different?
I'm glad you clarified that you meant that as a joke. I will say that what I posted about his daughter being disappointed is literally just what I saw in a video, not a speculation.

Quote:
We ALL post our opinions in this thread. Maybe some of you are posting here recently and haven't been around but Ive been around this reality tv board for a real long time and we always give our opinions on the houseguests. Good and bad. On their actions, on their outfits, on their hair, ETC ETC. I've seen Jess herself call women ****ty and trashy for numerous things. Which I cant stand but I often let it go because its her opinion. Same goes for her comments on women that have sex before marriage etc. I've seen multiple comments about tv show contestants in other threads. In fact, just the other page people were talking how ugly Jessica's bathing suits were for the bridal shower and FF Jess made a comment about the girl in the middle. And implied she was ****ty.
Yes, we all post opinions. However, the way we voice our opinions matters. I look back on things I posted earlier in the year (not on this board, but another) and upon reflection, I think there were some things I could have said differently and will try to say differently from now on. Perhaps Jess feels the same. (I won't speak for you, Jess.) The question is, Alexa, are you willing to reflect on the way you've voiced your opinions? Because so far, it seems that we keep having the same issues because you keep posting the same types of harsh comments. And it's not just in this thread.

Quote:
So you guys can just pick and choose what is offensive and what isn't? You can pick and choose who it is okay to insult and who it isn't? Thats how its going to work in here?
Why do we have to insult anybody?

Quote:
They are reality tv stars. We are allowed to comment on their lives. They put themselves out there when they sign up for these shows. No bashing is going on. I haven't said anything about their personalities, about their well being or saying I want them to die or anything awful like that. I think her hair looked ugly at her wedding, I thought the outfit was horrible... what is the big deal?
Again, it's how you're saying things. If you feel the need to comment at all, why not just say, "I'm not crazy about her wedding look," or in regards to Elena's outfit, how about not calling her atrocious and saying she is the worst? Saying the Mark/Elena engagement rumor was gross, using the puke emoji in regards to the Jody pregnancy announcement . . . it's all just so unnecessary. How is this not bashing? Having an opinion is not an excuse to just be constantly mean to these people. In episode threads and ship threads and character threads for fictional shows, we have rules about not bashing the actors who play the parts. Why shouldn't that same rule apply to real life people?

Quote:
Its not like I'm posting photos just to bash them. You all are posting things and then Im commenting on them. I'm not doing anything wrong. The show is no longer on. I believe that you guys are purposely posting photo after photo of people you know I dislike and have said I disliked before,. as if you are egging it on. So you shouldnt act shocked when I post something negative about them. If I posted photo after photo of Fessy and Haleigh for example and someone made a comment about Haleigh's hair and that it looked horrible I wouldnt care.
Yes, we're posting photos of people who are relevant to this thread. A while back, you posted photos of people from the season 20 cast that you liked, and nobody responded with anything negative. The fact that you have both mods of this board consistently telling you that you are going overboard is a pretty clear indicator that, yes, you are doing something wrong. And the fact that you would accuse people of egging you on is ridiculous. Do you think the mods of this board like dealing with this? Do you think I, as a new and enthusiastic poster on this board, like seeing post after post of negativity and rudeness? Nobody's egging you on, because everybody's tired of dealing with it.

Quote:
In fact, last season I adored Josh and had to deal with numerous comments about him and his personality and his actions and there were some gross comments there but I didnt act all upset everytime that happened because I KNOW/knew that people always have differing opinions.
While I still don't condone what Josh did inside the house, I listened to him on RHAP, saw some things he did with a fan of the show who's in the hospital, and I'm happy to say that my opinion of him has changed quite drastically. The house may have brought out the worst in him, but outside the show, he's seemed very respectful and nice to fans.

More Big Brother Box openings here:

ICON

Last edited by April7739; 10-19-2018 at 11:24 AM