View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 04:04 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
I liked it. I thought it was an amazing set up for (if we get) a 4th season. They need to start the healing process to be a real family. I think this will give them the boost in the right direction.

It's not just about healing from Megan's leaving, it's healing from Mick not being there. It's healing for the kids not dealing with the fact that they never had a mom, Abby was the go to source for a woman figure in thier lives. They also need to deal with the fact that Mick wasn't around either. Their family, as perfect as they seem right now, are still holding back.
Exactly right. It's both Megan and Mick, the entire family as a whole. I've never understood how anyone could just blame Megan and not Mick. The entire situation is complicated and not black and white. The family as a whole needs to heal.

Quote:
The end with Trace signing the picture for Donovan's daughter. I think it finally hit him of what he is giving up. He wants that, he wants to have children with Abby. He knows that the life he is choosing right now isn't the life that will give him that. Unfortunately, he's made a decision. He can't just go back to Chesapeake Shores and have this magical life just yet. There are contracts, there is a band, there are a lot of factors in him being able to come home. And none of those even come close to what he needs to do to make it up to Abby for leaving in the first place and convincing her he is home for good.
I was aware of the break up and that's why I've been delaying watching. I figure if I don't watch it never happened.

How long did Trace sign a contract? Did they break up officially or just take a break? I think the network knows the show will be renewed. I couldn't imagine why they'd end things like this between the main romantic pairing without proper conclusion (in a happy way) otherwise. Unless they came back for a movie or something but I don't think so... I think they're confident in another season.