View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 07:31 AM
livstevi21
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not surprised at this point, but I am still really annoyed they're making this one into live action. Not quite as annoyed as when I heard about The Lion King or Dumbo, but Lilo & Stitch is still relatively recent....well I guess it's 16 years old now ()....but I feel like if they continue this endless streak of live action remake announcements I am going to give up on them. Why would they need to make Lilo & Stitch into live action? What on earth could they possibly add to it that would make it feel warranted? The animated film is absolutely perfect as it is. I've said this before, but this really is stretching the limit now. It's belittling animation as an art form, it's like they're saying they have to remake all their hand drawn animated classics because they're out dated, and that they are not worthwhile anymore. It makes me so sad. I'm just awaiting live action remake announcements for Hercules, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tarzan, and even The Princess & the Frog. It honestly wouldn't surprise me now. Are these remakes to be seen as tributes to their animated counterparts? Or is the sheer amount of the classics being remade belittling animation as an art form? I'm just starting to feel heart-broken with it all.