View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 12:09 AM
DigificWriter
Absolute Fan

I wasn't able to watch the finale of Season 3, but went ahead and watched the Season 4 premiere anyway, and I liked it a lot.

The callbacks to Season 2 with both Cadmus and Lillian (whom I had no idea was returning) were a nice way to introduce both the season's "Earth First" narrative and Agent Liberty, while also factoring into what could end up being a interesting new source of internal conflict for Lena if it's followed through on.

Brainy's conflict with Alex was both well-written and hilarious, and really gave both Chyler Leigh and Jesse Rath an opportunity to show off their range as actors; it also led to a really great "Supersisters" bonding scene with Alex and Kara.

Speaking of Kara, I loved everything about her story this episode, from her global exploits as Supergirl to her mentoring of Nia (who is amazing, I might add) to the tension between her and J'onn, and am really interested to see how they interact going forward with J'onn taking on a more pacifistic 'activist' role.

My only real complaints are that they kind of tacked on the appearance of "Red Daughter" and didn't give President Marsdin's exposure the focus it needed, but we'll see what, if anything, comes of those things in "Fallout".

Overall, I thought this was a very strong season premiere that set the table for some very intriguing storylines going forward on both a large and small scale, and I can't wait to see where all of this leads.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote