View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 03:51 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

You make a good point, Arinna.

Hi, Lila! Aww, it's okay. We understand that school has started so a lot of posters are gonna be busy. Just come here whenever you have time. I hope you're doing well with your studies!

Yes, you do. I actually thought that the scene where she tried to seduce him was the pivotal one, but I guess you're right that the armory scene is what instigated her seduction in the first place. Oh, and perhaps the word you were looking for is fortitude? But guts, balls, nerve, all work just as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
Oh yes, I meant it as a metaphor and also literally, cause the armour provided a physical barrier between his body & hers (as when she stroked his breastplate, not his actual skin). In season 1, it was her innocence (her virginity) that kept him from acting on his lust for her, right? We’ve talked before about how he needed her to be "of the purest white" (to quote him in s1e1). He skirted the edge of acting on his lust, but never crossed the line, til he kissed her in the armoury. She felt his heart's desire in that moment: that not only was he completely in love with her, but wanted her (sexually) so much that he was willing to commit incest & risk everything for it. His willingness to show her that he knew what was at stake ("We are the UNHOLY (incest) family"), but would go there anyway with her, cause he couldn't fight it any longer. I believe it's what emboldened her to seduce him in her bedroom later that day.

Without that armour, figuratively & literally, I really don't think he wouldn't have kissed her and we might've had a very different story
Ah, yes. I see what you mean there. So her innocence acted as a kind of armor for herself, didn't it? But I think that by that time, Lucrezia's innocence had been replaced by an inner strength after having had to put up with Sforza, falling in love with Paolo and then losing him, having a child, and even sitting on the throne of St. Peter's while her father was away, all empowered her so that by the time Cesare pulled that stunt where he kissed her in the armory, she was like, "Oh no, he's not pulling away from me this time. This time he's mine."