View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 09:02 AM
livstevi21
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys, thought I'd come here to share some pics and a video of my visit to Steveston when I went to Vancouver last week!

We met some really amazing people there. The lady at the Steveston Museum/Post Office told of how great it was to see the actors filming the show! I bought a 'Welcome to Storybrooke' t-shirt, which is pretty big for me even though it is a small size, a couple of postcards and an OUAT leaflet showing the map of all the stores and places that were used in the show. Sadly, Any Given Sundae was no longer there, despite still being on the pamphlet. They didn't have much left in the way of Once Upon a Time merchandise, (as it is harder to get licensed items now the show has ended) but I was glad to at least get a few items! I had my hair washed and blow dried at a local hairdressers, the lady there was so nice and she did a fabulous job with my hair - it was just what I needed as the shower at our hotel wasn't great. And then of course we met the owner of the Romania Country Bread (which was the Storybrooke Country Bread on the show) - he was a such a character and chatted to my mum and I for at least 20 minutes. You'll see a pic of him in the video at 6:30. It was just so awesome walking along that famous street (called Moncton Street in Steveston) and seeing all the familiar places, and even though the show has ended and all the Storybrooke signs have gone, some places have still kept the spirit of the show alive, especially the museum, It's Posh (Mr. Gold's Pawn Shop) and Steveston Candy Dish, (which is also very sadly closing down as the owner is retiring) but had a few OUAT candies left including Evil Queen chocolate apples (I bought two of those) and some Snow White and Emma Swan themed sweets. They also had a signed image from Jared when he was 10. We also went to Garry Point Park, which is where Henry's Castle was. At 1:37, I wanted to show the Vancouver Whale Watch sign, as we also went Whale Watching from that company off the Steveston Harbour a couple of days previously.