View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 08:55 PM
jero
Ultimate Fan

4th Zeke Lerner Celebrity Bowl-a-thon ~ 10-28-06 ~ We Want To See Bill There!!

Since I have a bunch of threads to restart... I'm just going to repost the info as it was posted before, so some of it may not be current...

Hello Everyone!

In case anyone is interested...

The 4th Zeke Lerner Celebrity Bowl-a-thon
October 28th, 2006
AMF Rocket Lanes
9171 De Soto Blvd.
Chatsworth, CA 91311-4906

This year we are planning a 2-day event!

On Sunday October 29th a Celebrity Brunch will be held in the Los Angeles area. Details are yet to be determined. The cost for the brunch will be separate. But we will offer a discounted combo price for people who would like to attend both, as we anticipate having different celebrities at the Brunch than at the BAT.

Who is Zeke Lerner? He is the 5 year old son of television writer/producer Garrett Lerner (currently working on HOUSE, M.D.). At the age of 20 months he was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). This horrible neuromuscular disease is progressive, robbing children of their ability to walk, to stand, and eventually to even breathe. Zeke is turning six in June. He is the proud older brother of three-year-old Lily, and son of Kim and Garrett Lerner. Zeke and his family will be attending the bowl-a-thon, and look forward to meeting you all there!

In 2003 some Roswell fans organized a celebrity bowl-a-thon (BAT) to raise money for Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy (FSMA). There have been 3 events, 2-16-03, 2-7-04, and 8-20-05. Those events raised $22,000, $26,000, and $25,000 for FSMA. More info on FSMA can be found here... http://fsma.org

The BAT isn't really a Roswell event. Celebrities from all of the following shows have attended: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Roswell, Half and Half, Charmed, John Doe, Reba, CSI: Miami, Enterprise, General Hospital, My So Called Life, Joan of Arcadia, Amazing Stories, Freaks and Geeks, Witchblade, Gilmore Girls, House MD, and The Laker Girls... WOW! The list gets longer every year!

Besides bowling with celebrities, there is a raffle, silent auction, and an exciting LIVE auction of TV memorabilia. Last year the Q & A/auction with the stars was exciting to say the least! It's not every day that a celebrity (Jesse Spencer) takes off his shirt for charity!

The committee leaders in California held their first meeting on January 7th to make plans for this year's event and to talk about last year.

They discussed getting the remaining auction items up on eBay... Probably very soon and with some advance notice... They plan to auction all the remaining items at the same time...

Here's a quick, partial list of the remaining items that will be auctioned on eBay:

From Boston Public:
script - Episode "Chapter Seventy-Six"
video - "Chapter Seventy-Six," final air version
backpack- Season 4 crew gift

Roswell:
Autographed Season 3 cast pic
Season One DVD- Autographed

Veronica Mars:
Lily's shoes
Meg's jacket

American Dreams:
Dress and shoes worn by singer Monica as Mary Wells

Some autographed scripts from various TV shows.

No word yet on when the auctions will start...

Rather than just asking for volunteers, we will be posting descriptions of the things we need volunteers to do... Before and at the event... I hope some of you will be able to help out... I can't stress this enough...
Without VOLUNTEERS there wouldn't be a bowl-a-thon...
Please think about giving a few hours of your time.

The official website still contains last year's info. It should be updated in the near future. The link to the site is: http://www.bowl4fsma.org You can get an idea of what an awesome event this is by checking out the website.

Here's an easy way to stay informed if you're interested...

You can sign up for the mailing list at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bowl4FSMA/

I'm the Participant Coordinator... You can contact me at roswelljero@gmail.com.

Later,
There are no accidents! Everything happens for a reason.