View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 03:45 AM
yulan
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They both had ordeals that they went through, the timing is not relevant.
Timing is relevant, because we were discussing a specific period - mid-season 5, when the scene I posted took place.

Quote:
The fact that you say that Kelly’s problems were that she was too pretty means that you didn’t watch the show or you just forgot. An Absent father, a mother with addictions and bringing different guys every day, an eating disorder, survived a fire and was left with scars... Whereas you just keep bringing Valerie’s father. Everyone who watched the show saw the things that Valerie did and say.
I mentioned, and emphasized very clearly, problems they had in that specific period. Problems one had since childhood, like those you listed for Kelly, cannot be an eternal excuse for everything forever. And they were used that way for Kelly.

Quote:
I know that you are her fan and that’s fine,
As a matter of fact, I am not, I just see her as less privileged than Kelly, so I tend to often cheer for her against Kelly.

Quote:
but like I said, she was the one inherently mean and nasty, not Kelly.
See, I do not think she was inherently mean and nasty. It is hard to say what is inherent in any person, and what is a product of upbringing etc. I do not use such qualifications (like inherent) at all. i do not think any of the characters were supposed to be inherently mean and nasty.

Quote:
If Kelly was ever mean to her it’s because she deserved it.
Sometimes yes, sometimes not. Certainly not in the beginning.

Quote:
And priviledged and snobby? Yeah, she was but in earlier seasons just like Steve was too. That was their upbringing, what did you expect?
I'd expect her to be less self-righteous based on privilege and less snobby by S5, because she was supposed to be reformed, but she was not really. Her snobbery only changed to include intellectual pretensions.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan