View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 06:15 PM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

I survived all that family and entertaining the California folks. By the time we dropped them at the airport on Saturday, I was so relieved to see them head home!
We picked them up Saturday when they checked out and drove over to my cousin's house for lunch - She and her husband made a lovely lunch in their big fancy house (place we go to Passover sometimes). So we ate and visited and then rushed them off to the airport to their afternoon plane. Phew!

It was really good to have my son here. I wish my son had been here longer (and my brother and his wife not here so long). But they were very gracious and grateful and enjoyed everything, and I know they haven't taken a real vacation in many years, as they are self employed and if they dont' work, nobody pays them!

We did lots of stuff with them, although they bailed on a few days to rest - one day they had jet lag and needed to rest, another day it POURED rain and was chilly and we'd planned to walk around here and there, so we didn't do that, and went out to dinner instead. Took them on the subway to a Harbor cruise and out to lunch, drove them up to Salem to see the witchy history stuff up there, drove them to Connecticut to visit our Uncle Fred and his wife (Dad's younger brother - at ?92). It was a lot in one week.

Took my son (and daughter) to the apple orchard; we went with him for miniature golf and Chinese food (one of the days they begged off and rested). And we took him to tour the local stone-ground chocolate factory and to the Marshmallow Fluff festival (along with Lila's boyfriend; he came on the trip to Salem with us as well). So I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Phew!

I've been sleeping late and recovering, but I just got the flu shot so that made me draggy for a few days. I got the stronger one for people over 65, but it didn't make me feel as bad as flu shots usually do, which surprised me. Figured if it was 'stronger' it would make me feel worse. I hope it does the trick to avoid the flu!

I've been baking those oat cookies I ate in Cape Breton since I got home - just did the 4th batch of them. Figured out I've made over 200 oat cookies since last month.

That's Swedish pearl sugar on top (not rock salt, like it looks!)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan