View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 07:16 PM
Mignonette
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the slo-mo, Arinna! I love the look on his face when he opened his eyes during the kiss - it's like he was having an out of body experience & came back to reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks for the kissing scene, Arinna!

Hi, Lila!

Wow, thanks for agreeing with me so much. I normally have women telling me I'm wrong about stuff. Yep, that's a good point. Lucrezia was the innocence and light to Cesare's darkness, but after having sex with him she began to explore her own darkness and draw strength and empowerment from it. Yeah, it was kind of odd but sweet that they still referred to each other as brother and sister, but I think that relationship had been deepened by their incest as a result.

Well of course we'll never understand women. But I'm not surprised that you said you also barely understand yourselves. Ugh, Ursula is one example, but not my favorite. She was so conflicted that she didn't seem to know what she wanted. I don't know if that was because of her, or because of bad writing, though.
Hi Alex! I loved that their sibling relationship became stronger after sex, like it was them against the world - as lovers & as siblings. You're the only one I've read who's made that observation.

Really, women tell you you're wrong about stuff you analyze from the show? I think you're very insightful & agree with your analyses most of the time.

I wondered about Ursula, if it was bad writing or something else. I really disliked her. It was tragic how she died, but I was glad she was gone. She was manipulative & always played the victim. Maybe Ces should've brought out handcuffs & a paddle - since she was such a masochist.

And my god, what a ***** tease she was! I want Ces, but..but..but..ughhhhh She kept that up even at the convent - she was still teasing him & when he responded, she rang that stupid little bell for help, like he was a damned rapist!

His voice was so emotional as he said, "I'd hoped you'd given me your body freely..", when she accused him of deceiving her for sex after killing her husband. She hurt him. But she was too selfish, busy wallowing in self pity, & blaming him for something SHE set in motion to ever be attentive to his feelings.

The reason I felt no empathy for her, was because she felt none for Ces.

Even when he was brutish by shoving her into the corner & groping her in front of the painter, I still had no empathy for her. It wasn't nice what he did, but I understood his frustration with her craziness.

Last edited by Mignonette; 09-29-2018 at 08:31 PM