View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 03:01 PM
daggerrose
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Nope. Sexuality is so much more complex than being black and white. Just look at straight people who drink a little bit and use it as an excuse to hook up with someone of the same sex.

It was proven by Kinsey, I believe, that it's extremely rare, nearly impossible, to be 100% anything - gay, straight, bi sexual, whatever. You can be straight and fall for someone of the same sex, but it doesn't make you suddenly gay. And the opposite's true, too. I guess it's kind of hard to explain if you've never experienced anything like it.

Haha even if more people would be open to the idea that sexuality is complex and somewhat fluid then the world would be a much better place... Really people want to put everything in boxes and nice and neat little labels so that they're more comfortable and feel like they can understand a super complicated topic.... but I'll get off my soapbox.

But anyway, that's a little of what I'm trying to do with this fanfic. Blur the lines a little bit, but I have a feeling I shouldn't share it on any sort of website because that's the kind of thing that people are just waiting to get offended by...

Yay, let me know what you think when you've caught up.
I think you hit the nail right on the head. Sexuality is very fluid. I think, at the end of the day, you decide what’s right for you, labels be damned. Unless you want to label yourself, of course. At the end of the day, I just say everyone live your life and be happy, on your own terms and in your own way