View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 02:26 PM
VidDuality
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
I think it was a simultaneous growing interest in Bob along with realizing how much he'd changed in season four that sunk me. I also rewatched s2 a bit, I think, and I love s2 Bellamy so much.
Season 2 Bellamy was wonderful! Season 5 Bellamy, too! Despite all the crazy going on with his sister, and trying to protect the last bit of survival land from a bunch of warmongers, and all the terrible things that happened in that season, there were moments when his character actually looked at peace in S5 for the first time since we've known him. All that time up in space really seemed to help settle him. Like that first time we see them where they're all gathered around the table eating that disgusting algae for their family dinner... and when we discover that Bellamy's forgiven and found some happiness with Echo... and when he's dishing out fatherly advice to Murphy while they spar, etc.

It was so nice watching them all be content just being together, even if they were stuck on a space station with no perceivable way to get back to the rest of their people. It had me wishing for an entire spin-off of the missing 6 years on that station. Because even before they were sent to the ground, I can't imagine Bellamy's ever really had a chance to just relax before, having to constantly worry about his sister's potential discovery and the likelihood that they'd all be killed if caught. It must have been nice to finally have some time to just... be.