View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 05:53 AM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
On Sunday night I had the supreme joy of looking to my left and seeing @hannah_gadsby. Right there! In the same room! I had to tell her what #Nanette meant to me.

Her courage at telling her story knocked the wind out of me when I watched it for the first time. Explaining what, as a comedian, laughter meant to her. But how damaging laughter that comes from reducing oneself, making oneself the butt of a joke before other people can do it to you, does to someone. What sexual assault does to someone. How our pain never leaves us. And how it factors into our legacy is both beyond our control and also squarely up to us. Both, and.

This woman’s @netflix special is a revelation. And a revolution. Hannah, thank you for being so gracious to each of us who had gratitude to share. I’m glad we’re no longer even one degree of @kevinbacon apart. And I’m sorry for standing behind @kevinbacon like a total creep so that I could fangirl you the moment he was done fanboying you. You’re a gem. ♥️ #Storytellers #ArtMatters