View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 03:47 PM
Mignonette
Obsessed Fan

Thanks Arinna, we all love their little nose bumps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Lila! Well I'm glad that Francois said that because so many of us were frustrated when the show ended the way it did. I'm also glad that Francois and Holly unapologetically shipped Ces and Lu. Yes, the show would've been very different if they hadn't fought for that relationship. It might've ended up like Borgia.

Thanks for agreeing with me! Yeah, it just made sense to me as a way to frame their relationship and bookend things with Cesare carrying the innocent Lucrezia to her bed on her wedding night, and then the older Cesare carrying the older Lucrezia - who had just murdered her husband - to his bed to claim as his own. Yes, it would've been a more romantic that way. Oh yeah, I forgot that Cesare carried her after Paolo died as well.
Hi Alex! yes! you nailed it - that should've been the ending! That's what made their relationship so hot: the romance + raw passion. The romance of carrying her off to bed, his caveman possessiveness of her, & the passion of being so lost in each other that the dead body of her husband didn't faze them. Like their constant eye contact in their sex scene: when they were together, everything else just faded away...

Borgia lacked the heart & soul connection that François & Holly definitely brought to The Borgias. But I did love this scene from Borgia: Cesar was so badass when he insinuated that baby Rodrigo was his, then turned his back & walked away mocking him. It's cool they included this scene, cause IRL, Alfonso did have concerns that his son with Lucrezia was actually fathered by Cesar. The rumours of incest had already spread thru Italy when baby Rodrigo was born & many people already wondered if baby Giovanni was C&L's.

Last edited by Mignonette; 09-19-2018 at 03:55 PM