View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 09:01 PM
Mignonette
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Lila!

Oh, yeah... that would've been a great scene if Cesare had carried her away. And Francois said that?

Yeah, I understand that Alf's dead body was important imagery, but I just wish it didn't have to linger in the final frame. That's a good observation that they were ignoring him because they were so lost in each other. And yeah, they did kill him together, so it was fitting. I wish they had just laid there next to Alf's body for a short time and then Cesare would carry her away just like he did on her wedding night back in season 1.
Hi Alex! Yes, François was asked what he thought of the show being cancelled & the ending. He said he believed Ces & Lu had the best possible ending, because they were finally together & he was happy about that. I love how he made no apologies about shipping them. And Holly, too. I think the show would've been very different had they not shipped the siblings from the very beginning & fought for their relationship, don't you, Alex?

Thanks! I agree with you - that would've been a great scene of him carrying her off & not lingering next to Alf. Maybe the writers were trying to show how dark & badass the Borgia siblings had become? I would've liked the more romantic ending.

Good point about him carrying her on her wedding night! He carried her again when Paolo died & she collapsed on the street. He was always carrying her off to a bed somewhere so ending with him carrying her off to yet another bed would've been so apropos!

Last edited by Mignonette; 09-18-2018 at 09:31 PM