View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 03:21 AM
Starlingcity
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice83 (View Post)
One thing I did not want was for them to not deny the friendship between Caitlin and Barry over a ship war, as if the friendship between them (scenes between them in the series) was a forbidden thing to not disturb WA fans, and really hope that not only Cisco, but Barry can help Caitlin in her quest for her story and in recovering Killer Frost.
That's never been the case. That's just what people who ship or once have shipped Snowbarry seem to have convinced themselves of. Do Iris and Joe not have scenes because they fear "disturbing" Westallen fans? If they were afraid of disturbing Westallen fans they wouldn't have had a double wedding.

With fans; when they're not being placated to you, they rationalize it's because someone else is receiving the placating. That's just not how the writers room works. Barry/Caitlin scenes have been diminished since Season 2 when Barry wasn't even with Iris.

It's like when people used to say Iris/Joe don't get scenes because Barry/Joe do. No. The writers just aren't invested in Iris and Joe's relationship. Barry barely had scenes with Joe this season and still Iris' status with Joe was the same.

I disagree with the help in her quest. I hate the idea that she can't go on self discovery by herself. Fans always add "and I hope Cisco and Barry can..." Why do they need to be included? What is it about her character that men have to be by her side every step of the way? That's been her greatest problem throughout the series.

I'd love to see Caitlin work through Killer Frost independently and with her family. When Iris said, "We'll bring her back" and Caitlin responded, "No, I will." That wasn't their nicest interaction but it was Caitlin doing something independently.