View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 09:25 AM
dancing in the rain
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

She does seem to have a cool style, which can still be seen nowadays

Parenting done right, as it seems she always does xD I love reading about the relationship she has with her daughter, and now son.
Quote:
Let’s talk about Talk Time. I mentioned it a few posts back, how it was inspired by my experience of sitting at the foot of my parents bed and talking to them most nights before I went to sleep. My childhood had its challenges, but this had an important effect on my life. So at the end of last school year I started doing this with my kids. After the nightly fight to please just put on the stinkin’ jammies, brush the teeth, put on sleepy sauce (lavender) on their feet, I zip sonny into his sleep sack and tuck London into her bed, I lay next to her with sonny and we say prayers, then, it’s talk time. And this is the time London really loves to talk forget trying to get a word out of her after school, or when she’s doing her art or watching her show, but come talk time, she is ready to chat hard*♀️This is when all the good stuff gets said and the questions come out. And She regularly baffles me with her funny smart thing she says and I’m intrigued by the thoughts of her little inner world. Yeah, kids are not idiots or as oblivious as we think. they are picking stuff up faster than we realize and “yikes” to that. It‘s also time to hear her talk about things that are troubling her, and we try to work through it out loud. Sonny tries to keep up and let’s out little rambles and I can hardly make out a work but he’s got a lot to say too We also do this some mornings for a few minutes, except in my bed. A few days ago London asked me “mom why are there hairs growing in your nose holes?!” And “I hope that never happens to me when I grow up” I informed her that she already has a couple, and thats life, and that they protect our nose from germs and stuff i probably should google it cause i don’t have all the answers.*♀️ I also just want to say, that there are many nights I am just DONE by bedtime and I feel like skipping it or rushing through the routine so I can clock out of mom duty and do my things & watch bachelorAnd yeah some nights i do. And many to most days I will really feel like i dropped the ball and missed the mark in my motherhood and adulting, BUT, I’ve yet to regret a night of talk time, and it feels like one thing we are doing right

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray