View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 07:21 PM
April7739
Fan Forum Hero

What a strange episode tonight. Haleigh and Scottie were barely in it, it felt like, even though they were the ones up on the block. And then the random Derrick segment. I think Derrick is a great game player, but he just never had that extra spark that really captured me. But he played very well, and I do agree with most, if not all, of what he said, especially when he outlined how this season could be anyone’s to win.

I’m glad Kaycee got HOH. I really like her. But Tyler seriously needs to re-think taking her to the end. She’s building a competition resume, including that clutch hacker win for Level 6, she hasn’t had to get as much blood on her hands as he has, and she is well-liked. I couldn’t even be mad about her beating him, because even though, from a viewer standpoint, I still whole-heartedly believe Tyler has played the most strategic game, from a juror standpoint, I can see why they would vote for her because they haven’t sat and watched the episodes like we have.

Tangela is still a ship I’m rooting for. Those feelings are REAL. It’s so much more detrimental to Angela, though, than to Tyler, because she doesn’t have all those final 2’s that he does. If he didn’t have these final 2’s, people would be talking about targeting him instead of Angela, as the male in the showmance is almost always targeted first.

Brett is learning and did a better goodbye message. And I heard it was true and he really was trying to get Haleigh out. Is that correct? HOWEVER . . . oh, I love you Brett, but if you learn the jury hates someone, that’s a hint to take that person to the end. And I get that he says he wants to deliver Angela to the jury, but then he also said he wants JC to take the shot at her. He can’t have it both ways. He can’t take credit for evicting her while hiding behind someone else evicting her.

JC, in contrast to Brett, completely lied in his message again, and Fessy will be able to tell Scottie that JC was lying and that JC does not simply just do what the HOH wants but rather tries to work his agenda on the HOH.

Scottie . . . oh, I’m so DISAPPOINTED! What was that eviction speech? What he said to Tyler at the end . . . I’m assuming that’s a shot at Angela. (Even if it wasn’t, it came across that way.) And that’s just very crude and reminds me of Sam’s HOH nomination speech in that it was just in poor taste. After that, I was not sad to see him go. One thing I most certainly appreciate about Haleigh is how she keeps it classy in her speeches, unlike both the guys who have sat next to her on the block have done.

Honestly, Scottie’s whole read on the house was just very off, and it shows in his rambling, hard-to-follow exit interviews. I’m shocked that he has no idea how good of liars Level 6 have been this whole game, and how they played him and his alliance. I would have thought that a week off in jury would have given him some time to reflect on that. I’m just really bummed by what I saw from him tonight, and that has me feeling actually quite happy that Haleigh stayed.

ETA: Just heard that “Hilton Head” was actually used crudely in the speech and bleeped out. Wow. I feel really bad for Angela.

I’m prepping myself for a very bitter jury. I had hoped that, if they are on the jury, both Haleigh and Scottie would vote based on strategic gameplay, but Scottie probably won’t, which is shocking considering his superfan status. I hope Haleigh isn’t bitter. And by this, I’m not saying that they have to vote for Tyler, if he even gets there. I just hope that they vote FOR somebody rather than just AGAINST somebody.
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 09-06-2018 at 07:36 PM