View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 09:13 AM
JJH85
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
You don't get rid of your leading lady because she no longer serves a purpose, you give her a purpose. Also Alison could have gone on to achieve a lot even if the character was not in the show. I think killing her in such a way was a bit of a cop out, unless they are going to run with it and let everyone, including his wife, know what a dangerous individual Ben is. Ben could go on to do a great deal of harm to those around him, if someone else challenges him.
I'm not defending Ben in the slightest, but PTSD can do some serious damage to a person. If Ben shows up in S5 (which I kind of hope he doesn't) then that could either send him on a downward spiral or force him to really take control of his life.

As far as killing Alison in the way they did, I thought it was fitting given her back story. What would have been a cop out is if they did have her commit suicide. I'm actually happy with how they did it. I mean I would have been happy if they didn't kill her off, but since they did, I'm good with how they did it.

icon credit: crash landing