View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 05:34 AM
fractured moonlight
Fan Forum Legend

I am so glad the love triangle wasn't a huge thing in the movie.

I think Peter has always liked LJ. Even in the spin the bottle flashback we get LJ in voice over saying everyone knew Peter and Gen only wanted to kiss each other but that clearly wasn't true. LJ mentions spinning the bottle again and Peter shuts that down quick.

I also find it pretty suspicious how he tried so hard to talk to her and just let her know it wasn't going to happen between them. The first time I get. But then he followed her again. Just to make sure she knew. Which was weird to me. I mean I guess it could have been just to confirm but it seemed a little extra to me.

Then to turn around and have them fake date. I know why they did it but it always felt like there was more to it on Peter's end. And that seems to get confirmed for me when you can practical hear and see he's heartbreaking when she reminds him they are fake dating. Also him actually writing her letters.

Plus not to mention he was the one who kept pushing for them to act like a real couple and hang out and etc. Which yes I get was to show the other people how oh so real it was. But again for me it just always seemed more on Peter's end. And him making sure to add that she goes on the ski trip with him was also highly suspect considering how far away it was. I mean the goal of fake dating on his end was to make Gen jealous and I could get doing that and making her sit for a bit but 3 months seems a while for what they were doing. The you were never 2nd best thing also speaks a lot of volumes for me. Though maybe I'm just looking too much into it.

Now after saying all that none of that takes away the fact he and Gen had been dating for a while and that he has feelings for her too. I feel with LJ the feelings were always there but they have been on the back burner and something he saw as not happening. With Gen it was more tangible and something that has been happening for a while.

But again I could be looking way into it and I could see it how fox24 put it too. Him having a soft spot for her but being blinded by Gen.

I got to say though as much as I love Peter he does seem to have a problem standing up to Gen. Even if we're going to say he didn't quite have feelings for LJ yet during the scunchie thing he clearly did during the sex tape issue. To me he clearly thought it was Gen too but tried to seem like he didn't know who did it until LJ was like we both know who did. Then he wanted to talk to Gen and I got the feeling it would be more discussing rather than confronting and telling her she's wrong for what she did. But that's just how I interpreted him wanting to talk to her.

I guess it could be he still considers her a friend and they did date for a while but both things made me annoyed and frustrated with him.