View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 03:45 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Awww, that's a cute pic of David, Arinna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Hi, Alex.

I only watched first season, but I'm planning to watch next ones too, someday.
"Ripper Street" ends in the fifth season, but I don't know is it got cancelled or they just had plans to end this series in fifth season.
Hi, Jemima! Ah, okay. It was playing here on BBC America, but I never got a chance to watch it beyond the first episode. And I hope you get to see The Garden of Evening Mists someday. I'm sorry you don't get everything you wanna see in Poland. I wish you didn't have to wait so long.

Quote:
Yeah, I agree.
In season 1 he once have a messy hair too xD. When he was furious that Vanozza met with her ex-husband in her house.
This was that scene in which Juan suspected that this guy could be his true father. He was yelling at her, and then he started to beat this guy.
I think everyone's hair started getting ridiculous after season 1, Jemima. Cesare's hair, Lucrezia's hair, it's like everyone started getting permed in season 2. Oh yeah, that scene were Juan lost his temper at Vanozza's former husband was really sad. Rodrigo was furious with him for that. But then when Juan refused to answer if he had killed Paolo or not, Rodrigo jumped across the table at him, which was really intense. That seemed to be the beginning of Juan's downfall.

Oh, I'm sorry, Jemima. I now remember you told us that Juan/David got you into The Borgias when you first introduced yourself to us. Sorry, modding three boards makes it difficult to keep track of stuff. Everyone kind of blurs into each other.

Yeah, I understand why season 3 was difficult for you. To be honest, I felt the same way, like the show kept getting darker, more violent and brutal, and more depressing with each season. You're probably right in that season 1 did seem like the brightest and happiest season. Even the lighting and the colors seemed to show that. I think season 2 started out kind of clam and decent, but then quickly started to get really dark about halfway through, which led to season 3. So did you watch all of season 3 until the end, or did you stop watching at some point? To be honest, we do have a lot of Cesare/Lucrezia shippers here on this board, but it's okay if you didn't like that storyline. I don't expect everyone to be okay with it. But did it make it too difficult for you to watch all of season 3, or did you watch it until the end?

Quote:
Yeah, I wasn't happy . I was kind of pitied him in that scene. But I agree with you, that he quite often provoked Cesare and Lucrezia and it's kind of hard to blame them for wanting his death. Even I wanted to strangle him when he killed Paolo . Poor Lucrezia, I soooo shipped her with him.
He was such a cute and innocent boy . I know, he was a stable boy and probably this relationship would not survive, but still it was my favored ship.
And one more thing about Juan's death, probably I would be more angry at Cesare if Juan wasn't sick. I mean, at that time it was pretty hard to cure syphilis. And Juan also had gangrene becasue of his leg injury. So he probably wouldn't live too long anyway.
And that's why I pitied him even more. Because even if Cesare wouldn't kill him, then he would die soon anyway.
Oh, I agree, there were times when I wanted Juan dead as well, especially when he was assaulting that young woman in the garden before Micheletto stopped him, and there was nearly an incident between the two, and then later when he dangled baby Giovanni over the edge of that balcony. He was insufferable at times, and I know that killing Paolo made it impossible for Lucrezia to ever forgive him. Do you really think that Juan's leg was gangrenous? Man, that would be horrible. Perhaps he would've died anyway, but I still think he could've been helped if someone were there to help him and get him proper medical treatment. But Cesare was too interested in Juan failing because he wanted the Papal army for himself, Lucrezia didn't care about Juan because of what happened to Paolo, and Rodrigo was too focused on his own political ambitions to really help Juan either. It just seems like Juan never had a chance, and at the end, I did feel really sorry for him.