View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 12:03 PM
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Ha don't ask me how to be productive LOL

The Queen movie is going to be spectacular, I cannot wait for that one!!

Oh QAF will definitely help you out. It's very umm-- detailed to say the least. Yes, exactly. And also a little (pleasantly) shocking. Like--wow that goes on in my brain?

Yes!! You know, I totally get that. I mean, I think a part of me wants the security. But as for settling down right now? Nah. I don't think I could. Although, I wouldn't mind a nice relationship. And yes about being near the ages of the QAF characters. It makes it so much more relatable. Although I feel like I'm being counterproductive because I gravitate towards Justin more who's a teenager Brian Kinney is definitely a bad influence in some aspects, shame on him Lol when Brian was turning 30 and having a meltdown over it I was just like "dude, chill, you aren't that old." But you are right, 30 was a bigger deal back then I suppose.

Ahh yes fanfiction.net lol. I started out there. Archive of Our Own is a site, yeah. A huge one. It's where I was directed to read 1D fic and have never left. There's an abundance of fics there and it seems to be ever-growing and non-stop. Which I love. I know they have QAF fics on there.
I ended up being more productive earlier today than I was yesterday, so I'm considering that a win! Still trying to get myself used to full-time freelancing... you really have to be your own boss a lot of the time, which is GREAT, but there is a learning curve on how to structure your time, for sure.

Haha, yes, QAF is definitely...detailed. And agreed, I like knowing that this stuff goes on inside of my brain! Reassures me that I'm not as horribly boring as I believe the outside world perceives me sometimes.

Agreed. Part of me is envious of that stability, but part of me finds it so exciting not to have it yet. Strange! Since I've been doing more and more of what I love, I've been feeling a lot...younger? Not like immature, but just more energy and motivation and excitement for life. It's sooo important to do what you love! I mean that's a kind of "duh" statement, but you never see how true it is until you experience it. And yes, the ages of QAF make it way more relatable! That's funny you relate to Justin. Brian's a bad influence in certain ways, but he's full of wisdom at the same time that totally makes me think and slaps me in the face, like the quote we discussed. The other characters really don't give him enough credit, much of the time. And ha yeah, that meltdown when he turned 30 was a wee bit drama-queen ish... I just watched that episode last night. Which reminds me I need to make it over to those season discussion threads...or the Brian thread... I think turning 30 back then was probably more like turning 40 would be, now, in terms of what people were doing in their lives at those ages. Which makes more sense when the characters give Brian crap for still going to Babylon...cause I'm always like...what's the big deal, he's like 32?

Haha I know right, fanfiction.net seems like "the first place" you start out. I just haven't known where to go from there. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to check it out!

And hi Daggi! We missed you yesterday! Haha, we did pretty much take over. I saw the fanfiction thread and I'll have to check it out! I'm so excited to get good recommendations! so I can have even more stuff to procrastinate with...
Thanks for the site reference! I'll have to check it out.

Hope you get your internet stuff working! Router issues are sooo frustrating.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."