View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 04:30 PM
JJH85
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't able to view the video, it says it's not available in my Country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
So basically Sarah Treem lied when she told THR that Ruth asked to leave?

And in the CBS This Morning video, they asked her about it and she said she was not allowed to talk about it. It sort of became an awkward moment. Interesting.
I just read the article and it said "Ruth Wilson declined to discuss her decision to exit Showtime’s The Affair", so I don't think that Sarah lied. It doesn't explain why Ruth isn't allowed to leave, but perhaps he wanted out of her contract and now there is some dispute between her and the Network which would be why she's not allowed to talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
Yup, I've read that speculation too. Sometimes it works, sometimes fans really don't like it. As if they invested 5 seasons only to realize it never really happened. It's like that 1980's TV show St. Elsewhere - the entire 6 season series was revealed to be in the mind of an autistic boy. The main hospital doctor chief was really a construction worker (the boy's dad) and they were a regular working class family.

But hey, if it is revealed that it was only one of Noah's novels and in reality the Solloways are a happy family, and if they can get Ruth to appear in the final episode and we can see Cole, Alison and Gabriel happy together, I'm all for it.
I didn't know that actual concept had been done a few times. The only one I had known about was with Dallas when Bobby ended up not dead because it was a dream, but I don't know that it was the whole series, maybe just a season or two, not sure.

icon credit: crash landing