View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 09:33 AM
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Wow that's amazing!! Oh yeah, I am definitely the fangirl haha. I have loved many things over my life. As for bands, my major top two are The Beatles and One Direction. I have a tattoo for John Lennon and would like a Beatles one as well.

Wow that sounds amazing!! I would love that so much, honestly. My thing is--I've never really like Journalism. As in, I don't want to be a reporter or on camera or writing news. I've always been more screenplays and stories. Which I love. But I also love writing about things I love (see my novels on this board ). Lately, I've been looking at Entertainment Journalism. It sounds like something I would like. I would like to write for a magazine or something like that. I've been thinking about going back to study and possibly Entertainment Journalism. And I love that you can set your own prices and kind of work at your own pace. I would love that so much. I'm nearly 28, I feel like I should make the decision soon lol.
A John Lennon tattoo? That sounds awesome! (Did you already share this? Cause I'd love to see/know what it is) I am a HUGE Beatles fan, as well. Grew up listening to them.

Haha, I totally understand not liking journalism - I don't either! I went to college and I was like, "But I don't want to be a reporter..." I've always written fiction/fan-fiction, poetry/prose, just random stuff, etc. Thing is, I always loved being assigned essays in school, because writing comes so easily for me and I can do it quickly (another reason I procrastinate so much... ). So I struggled after graduation, cause I didn't know WHAT to write/where to do it. I finally took an online course last year about finding writing jobs, and it either really helped or it at least inspired me enough to actually look for work and find something I enjoy. I actually work for an insurance company and I don't care at all about insurance, but they have a blog with lots of random subjects which can be fun. Right now, I'm writing a series on all the different states in the country, which I LOVE. But they pretty much get to tell me what to write about. I guess super ideally I'd write about whatever I want, but I enjoy writing itself enough that it doesn't matter, too much. I'll have to check out your novels!

And haha, I'm 29 and I've only just now gotten this aspect of my life figured out. So, don't worry too much. The 20's are such a tough decade!!

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."