View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 07:28 AM
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!
Master Fan

Being part of the LGBTQ community myself, I disagree with that quote, and in fact it's always kind of made me uncomfortable. I can understand others feeling that way, though. However, I might have agreed with it a lot more in the early 2000's. It's amazing how much progress has been made (and which may sadly be slipping away from us a bit in the U.S. lately...) since this show aired. It really was SO important that this show was on TV.

I will say though, that there's always a hesitation for me to reveal "who I really am", but it also feels kind of ridiculous? It's just one aspect of our lives. It changes literally nothing, but we're meant to feel like it's SUCH a huge deal...that coming out has to be such a huge thing... But if you don't do it you feel like you're living a lie. It is annoying to be assumed straight - I'll say that.

I'll never get why people are so angry that others are doing something they don't, or don't agree with. Unless someone is breaking the law in a dangerous way, or harming others, or interfering with your personal life, just let them be.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."