View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 06:16 AM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everfan (View Post)
I totally agree with you. The show did an amazing thing by leaving that time for Bright and Ephram to become friends. From the first season to the 2nd/3rd, it's kind of amazing, the transformation the two of them went through as friends. And that couldn't have happened if the Ephram/Amy relationship was established sooner.
Definitely . Also I believe that Ephram/Bright was one of the better and more interesting male friendships we have seen on TV. They were different compared to the usual stereotype.

Quote:
Also, I actually (although I had some problems with the storylines - I think some of the Madison episodes meandered a bit) like how they inserted Madison as an legitimate alternate love interest.
I was totally OK with the idea of Ephram having some alternate love interest in Season 2. Madison was no the best choice out there, but it was tolerable for the most part save the pregnancy. Still though there were better options than Madison.

Quote:
Because the show would have been too obvious, too stereotypical if it was just kind of the star-crossed lovers thing from the get-go.
Agree with this.

Quote:
It's very believable that Madison (or any different love interest than Amy in general) was involved when Amy and Ephram were a little rocky. It gave those characters an opportunity to explores new things and people. And that makes them grow.
It was believable that there was love interest. I would not call Madison/Ephram story believable but maybe I just had issues with that aspect of the show .
Quote:
Also as a byproduct, the Madison situation lead to a fascinating development with Andy holding back the pregnancy thing from Ephram and that lead to all the questions about trust and the ethical boundaries of a father/son relationship....which made for really good episodes.
Yeah I have to admit I did not enjoy those episodes. In general my issue with this story is that there was a baby involved and I am weird and I just think about this baby. I know that it's TV and not real life, but I would have preferred if they had found another way to have those struggles for Andy.

Quote:
To be entirely honest, my biggest complaint about Everwood was that it didn't go on longer! At least another season would have been nice. Like I said, I had some minor problems with storylines once in a while and maybe in the beginning of the show, it was in kind of a slow groove (but first episode of season 2 completely changed the whole show, the feeling, the vibe, the intensity, integrity, etc). BUT in general, one of the things I love is the pace, where things landed in the arc of the whole show. So to answer your question, I think generally all the major events in the show happened at the right time, including Ephram/Amy.
This is true. And yes we would have enjoyed another season at least.