View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 06:02 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everfan (View Post)
I think that would have been really fascinating. Ephram intervening with her depression. Yeah, she was dating that drug dealer guy at the time, right?
Exactly. Tommy. Yes, I would have much preferred seeing Ephram helping Amy with her depression. I think it would have lead to some amazing moments between them. Plus, we could have even seen Ephram talking about losing his mother as well. They both essentially lost someone (Colin and Julia) and they could have healed together.

Quote:
I didn't like him. Amy was better than that.
He was horrible, indeed.

Quote:
But there's also something important in the fact that she more or less got through her mental stuff on her own. I remember her aunt helping a little and she definitely got intermittent help from others, but it gives her character a foundation of strength that perhaps wouldn't be there if Ephram helped her through. I think it's a hard balance to have two romantic partner leads on a show. Them together all the time will get boring or would realistically make them fight. But them apart too much makes you not believe that they love each other. And I think the writing really nailed it somewhere in the middle.
That's very true.

Emily VanCamp also shined as Amy during the situational depression storyline. If the show were on any other network, I am convinced she would have been nominated and won an Emmy. The media talked about this so much during season 2.