View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 03:50 PM
JJH85
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
He was amazing!!!! He deserves an award for his work in the latest episode. I am still thinking about it days later.
I know what you mean and I'm still seeing comments about this performance. He got an honourable mention for his performance on TVonline. I'll have to post that here from the Joshua Jackson Board.

Here it is.

SPOILER For those who have NOT seen Episode 8 of The Affair

https://tvline.com/2018/08/11/carrie...-colors-dance/

Quote:
HONORABLE MENTION | For four seasons, we’ve watched The Affair’s Cole try and fail to get over Alison. That made Sunday’s episode all the more heartbreaking as he grappled with the tsunami of conflicting emotions brought on by her sudden death. Cole did not say a word after James walked in and dropped the bomb on him, and in Joshua Jackson‘s capable hands, silence was indeed golden. The devastation in his eyes did more to convey Cole’s despair than words ever could; it was clear that a piece of him died along with Alison. Later, Jackson made you feel every ounce of anger that pumped through Cole’s veins as he attempted to make sense of her demise, going so far as to suggest that she would never kill herself despite all the obvious warning signs. When, the floodgates finally opened and Cole began sobbing uncontrollably, we were stunned into silence at Jackson’s subtle, visceral, raw performance.

icon credit: crash landing