View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 03:50 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Oh, I see . Well, embedded video, or linked, people still will see it, so there's no big difference, I guess xD.
But still, I would like to know how to do it. Is it some kind of special code for that? Like for quotes? ( )
Or is it much more complicated?
Aww, no frowning here, Jemima. This is a happy board. And yes, the code is just brackets, like for quotes, images, and everything else. [QUOTE ][/QUOTE] [IMG][/IMG]

And no, it's not complicated. But Arinna did leave out some stuff, so I'll explain it to you in three simple steps.

Step 1: Copy and paste the link to the video.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59CvGN8xLAE

Step 2. Remove the YouTube link code all the way up to and including the = sign, leaving just the individual video code.

Example: 59CvGN8xLAE

Step 3. Put YouTube brackets(or tags) on either side of the code, one at the beginning and one at the end. That will embed the video into your post.

Example: [yt ]59CvGN8xLAE[/yt]

Note: I put a space between the "t" and the ] bracket for the brackets at the beginning, like this - [yt ] - so that you could see what I was doing.

You're supposed to have the ] bracket right next to the "t," but if I did that it would automatically embed the video and you wouldn't see what I was explaining to you.
So just remember not to put the space there.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 08-13-2018 at 04:01 PM