View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 03:24 AM
CanIcallYouKate
Elite Fan

We clearly got to see that Madi had no clue about the cryo sleep question, she looks to Clarke who gives her a small nod and then she agrees. Now getting her consent was needed, because without it, former WonKru would not have agreed to do this.

In general, I do not understand why some people think a piece of technology in her head is changing the child (other than the obvious). How is that any different to every single situation where she interacts with people around her who are influencing her? Is the "real" Madi getting manipulated by Bellamy (this is the way you save Clarke) into accepting the flame? I think absolutely yes. Is her distrust of the flame prior to that influenced by her parents hiding her from the flamekeepers/ by Clarke? You bet. So why is there an issue with this being the real Madi or not? Just because she is getting advice from people who are no longer alive in corporeal from, somehow it's confusing?

We have been shown that the previous consciousnesses stored in the flame interact with the current host. They do not force the current heda to do anything, all they do is at worst "try to influence". Now we can debate whether previous commanders give "bad" advice or not but Madi is ultimately free to make her own choices. Yes, she is a kid who needs her mom (the "commander" running into Clarke's arms before the ship takes off, looking to her for advice on the cryo sleep question).

But she's been shown to be smart, observant and quite capable., with our without flame.

As for why a 12 year old should or shouldn't lead 100s (? how many of the 400 are former wonkru?), it's a pragmatic question for me. Having a commander makes these people "manageable" (for lack of a better word, sorry I do not mean this is a harsh way). They'll follow her. I doubt it would be smooth without her around. They'd have trouble following Clarke (wanheda) or Bellamy and certainly not Octavia (bloodreina).

Sorry, this got long LOL

ETA oh and I think I said this before, but Madi said that wanting to kill all of prisonKru was HER not the flame.

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon

Last edited by CanIcallYouKate; 08-13-2018 at 03:37 AM