View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Giotto
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyavelife (View Post)
Heartbreaking, and still relevant. Guys I know still confront difficult decisions about how to handle dating partners who are HIV +.

I have watched the entire series about 5 times and am selectively re-watching now. I may watch the episode when Michael discovers all of Ben's pills at his apartments (back in the days before one pill per day). I believe it ends with just the sounds of cars and a bus passing by outside with no music.

It made me wonder how many and which episodes end with no music. I think I'll make that a new post!
There were a few episodes that faded out with the original sounds and no music, and all had a dramatic theme..

the one with Michale finding all the pills

the one where Justin threatens Hobbs with the gun

Babylon bombing

are teh first that come to my mind, and in my eyes it is a brilliant way to keep the feeling of that episode alive.. music would not really have fit there and they did a great job noticing that

thanks for pointing this out, Jim

with Ben entering the gang as a sexual active part (with Vic we already had a positive guy, but he wasn't a potential thread to anyone of the gang) was a very emotional thing.. you could understand both sides.. Debbie, knowing first hand that it could mean the worst and being scared of her son.. I totally see where her behaviour came from.. as accepting you are, the fear of your child getting hurt in any way makes you act this way.. but the question if it wouldn't happen if Michale was straight? I absolutly could, cause straight people are not better or different.. not all are faithfull ith their partners or monogam.. and HIV can be transfered on differnt ways too.. so I really don't get the fuzz about blood donors or other things.. that in my eyes is absolutly stupid..

Michales friends being concerned is also understandable..

the only one telling the honest truth was Bian.. he told Michael the only thing he shouldn't do is fall in love, cause he will lose Ben sooner or later.. as hard as it sounds it is the truth, but with the medications getting better, that threat got lesser, thank god. What I absolutly love is that the gang didn't ttreat Ben different in any way because of HIV..

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote