View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 10:33 AM
sonny1
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
But see, Sonja, that’s where the issue comes in for me. I can’t tell what’s Madi and what’s Flame!Madi anymore. (Now a scene like her telling Bellamy about Clarke’s radio calls is an exception. That’s very clearly just the kid talking there.) But when she orders all the Eligius people to be killed, is that Madi or Flame!Madi? Or a combination of the two? We really run the risk of losing our grasp on her character because the flame is altering her character.
But exactly that makes Madi's character interesting for me, and we need interesting characters on the show ... I loved it how they all bowed down to a 12 year old girl and followed her orders ... all except Bellamy ... he knew a better solution (saving Prisonkru) and the flame allows Madi to make her own choices ... the flame doesn't take over Madi's mind

Quote:
Plus, like I said, this archaic system of leadership has no place in a new world, IMO. Clearly if the flame contained all this wisdom, the whole Commander system and conclave would have been overhauled a long time ago, because it was a violent system that has never truly worked. And are we really going to entrust the fate of humanity to a 12 year old?
The flame is a learning computer programm, which supports thinking ... and it's a learning programm
All experiences of all commanders are in the flame and every commander can learn out of the faults of the past commanders ... although the flame can use the positive experiences of the past commanders ... so the flame gets better from commander to commander
Lexa did better than the past commanders and Madi did better than Lexa
Madi knew from Lexa that it's not the right thing to do, to betray someone to save some others and Madi conviced Clarke to do better

For me, Madi and the others can only benefit from the flame and they can create their own Commander system where violence is only needed if there is no other choice
A system that adapts to the conditions of the new world
Madi has so much good influence and protection through Clarke, Bellamy, Gaia, Indra, Echo
I'm sure they make the best out of it, like we've seen in S5