View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 07:43 PM
Erin9
New Fan

I missed Katrina, but I think that was the best episode of the season so far. Easily.

Robert goes from asserting his authority to everyone as managing partner to trying to work with his people as they are and pick his moments. Courtesy of Donna, of course. When Robert said he thought she just pulled this stuff with Harvey, I was thinking- nope it’s everyone. Then- she said just that. Lol

I think that may have been the best Louis/Harvey scene ever. He took Sam seriously that Louis had a problem, and he needed a friend’s help to deal with it. And, then, he really was a friend to Louis. He got the truth out of him. He was kind. Encouraged him to let the people in his life know, that being scared didn’t make him less of a man. And even told Robert everything for him so Louis wouldn’t have to break down in front of his boss. That was so good.

And I actually really liked Sam. She’s been interesting from day 1, but I liked her tonight. She knew something was really wrong with Louis and went to his friend Harvey to help him. And then helped him with self defense. Nicely done.

I liked the Harvey/Alex banter and how Alex got himself out of the mess he was in- impressing both Robert and Harvey in the process. And doing what neither of them wanted too. Partially courtesy of Donna again. Lol

The Harvey/Donna early show banter was particularly fun to watch.

Gretchen is just awesome. She gave Louis great advice- and stayed loyal.

I totally buy Louis not wanting to tell anybody about being mugged. That’s Louis like. Robert telling Louis about his own past was a kind thing to do. And Louis hugging Zane and his response- hilarious.

My only quibbles- we didn’t get to see Harvey talk to Robert. The cursing was really distracting. And- honestly- I thought Sheila and Louis were more professional than to keep Zane and the client waiting for baby making. And- they don’t do anything for me.

Next week looks really interesting.

Last edited by Erin9; 08-08-2018 at 08:07 PM