View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 05:16 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Sam! NFL preseason begins this Thursday! Steelers and Eagles!

Hi, Mary! Your sister broke her ankle? Maybe it was karma. But it's not right that your parents are there for her and not for you.

I'm glad the pills worked for you. And we already have a temp store manager right now, so hopefully things work out.

Yes, I know that Angel said Buffy's name before he lost his soul. My point was that he experienced that one true moment of happiness with Cordy(or the illusion of Cordy), and right at that moment he suddenly realized what was going to happen because of it, that Angelus was going to emerge. That's why I figured he said Buffy's name, because the last time that happened to him was when he was with her.

Well, Cordy was going to receive a major power upgrade in season 4 after her experience in that higher plane of existence. That's what was going to make her turn evil and go all Dark Phoenix on everyone, and she and Angel were going to fight and he'd eventually turn her back to her good side. Joss loves that Dark Phoenix storyline. That's also why they had Cordy training with Angel in the basement. But again, Charisma's pregnancy made it physically impossible for her to do any of the stuff that Joss had planned, so the story was altered and Jasmine was created.

As for why they pursued a different romantic storyline for Angel, whether it was with Kate or Cordy, well... it was his show, now. He had to be on his own and apart from Buffy, so they couldn't just do the long-distance thing with Buffy forever. And it's not like season 1 didn't have crossovers where Angel and Buffy didn't reunite briefly. I justified it by saying that if Buffy fans didn't mind Buffy with Spike, then they shouldn't mind Angel with someone else, either. However I do agree that they could've also done something with him and Faith, but perhaps they thought the chemistry wasn't right.

Oh, Joss Whedon is a hypocrite, that's for sure.

Thanks for all those gifs!