View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 11:16 AM
Erin9
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl5 (View Post)
I think expectations for Darvey were too high for that episode--a few had actually talked themselves into thinking they were going to "bang" (their words, not mine) that night and were simply searching for reasons to hate that episode. (Honestly, 716 wasn't a favorite episode for me either, but for different reasons.) Then, in 801, they hated that Harvey's "date" for the after-party was Robert Zane, not Donna. Actually, i thought that was pretty funny,.

Here's a terrific interview with Katherine Heigl from Harpers Bazaar. WARNING: SLIGHTLY SPOILER-ISH but nothing specific.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultur...n-8-interview/
I think part of the problem is that they toyed with Darvey all season and did nothing. And this season, it’s so far like nothing ever happened last season. I didn’t have any real expectations left for Darvey by the finale, but I think it was a very poor decision to allow things to play out as they did. It was bound to alienate people.

Anyhow- I liked last week’s episode. I really disliked the Louis/Sam scene. It was uncomfortable to watch- and if gender roles had been reversed, I can only imagine the
response.

Katrina/Brian/Louis was good. Very glad Katrina told Louis everything in the end. The story humanized Katrina. I did wonder why she didn’t text Brian a head’s up, but that’s a minor thing.

Harvey’s story was good. Glad he solved the problem on his own without Mike. He could be MP if he wanted. We’ll see.

I find Sam to be an interesting character, who fits in well, but I can’t say I like her or really root for her at this point. I did like Sam being helpful to Alex, who did a good job handling his client.

Harvey and Robert being straight with each other about the name partner promise was nice to see. I still go with neither one for now, but we’ll see how it goes. Sam- at least- I might enjoy seeing taken down a peg or two.

Last edited by Erin9; 08-07-2018 at 11:23 AM