View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 01:33 AM
Giotto
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
I totally see your point about Brian's attempt to push Justin away with the "cuddle" thing, etc. I hadn't fully considered that before, and I think you're absolutely right. However...I think it's still obvious from Brian talking to a couple of the other characters that he wasn't totally down with the whole marriage concept. I think he still would've done it and been somewhat happy about it if the NY thing didn't happen, but I think a part of him would've grown to resent himself for making that choice, and it would've trickled down to Justin.

I also agree with Steffi that Brian's reacting a bit out of shock after the Babylon bombing. But I think it was shock combined with that stirring up some buried realizations in Brian that what he really wanted was to be with Justin and that he loved him, etc.

That is the perfect quote, isn't it? I think it's totally true, too. I try to live by it in my own life. I feel like Brian totally embodied confidence in that being true, himself, when he said the whole, "It's only time" thing...

Gosh, how they both have to drink before they can say their goodbyes and Brian's getting choked up -does- kill me...

I agree that the Babylon scene was only a fantasy at the beginning, but once they've changed outfits and the other characters appear, it's real. Thank you for clarifying that you're not fully unhappy with the ending, just a bit unsatisfied. I get that. And I can see how it would've been nice for there to have been some mention of if Justin had started finding success. Also agreed - he probably could've tried to start his career in Pittsburgh. Personally I still kind of liked that Justin wasn't there, in a way... I think it was important for both of those characters to feel the separation. Plus, who knows how soon Babylon got reopened? Ted had said in an earlier episode that they could rebuild within a few weeks. Maybe after Brian finished his dance he strolled into the back room and Justin found him in there.

And I *also* agree that Brian was very much a "go big or go home" character, and his proposing and buying Justin a house was in line with his character because of this. Like, "Oh ****, Justin could've died, I could've lost him, I need to make sure that this can't happen ever again. I'll marry him." Like you said, he's very much a black or white thinker.
Never thought about it as a drink to get the coruage to say good bye, but thinking about it you are right they needed something to do that final step..

but what make me all teary eyed is Brians expression when he took Justin in the arms and kissed him good by at that moment.. he looked so lost and heartbroken, trying to keep tears from falling and that last love making scene is so so full of emotion. it was clear that we didn't see them jus f here that was true lovemaking and nothing else

icon by Daggi