View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 02:45 PM
PrincipessaBella
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
I'm excited about it because that could lead to a cameo or something. I dont care about the show
I'm so happy to see Shiri is still gonna direct, especially shows that aren't hers! I wish it was on a different show, but I'm super happy for her either way.

As for cameos, it doesn't sound like they have plans for any this season because they want to stand on their own. CAM does have a tendency to lie, but it wouldn't surprise me if this one was the truth. My thoughts are: if you want to make a new version of a show that so many people loved the first time around, you need to forge your own path and do your own thing. You're watching this new version to see how different it is from the original, bringing in cameos from the OGs right away in the first season would take away from what you're trying to accomplish. It's cheap. Not to say you can't ever bring them in, but that's something that can happen if it gets to a season 2 or beyond. If I was one of those OG fans who was interested in this version, I would absolutely hate to see any of the former cast on it in season one. What's the point? Let the new versions of these characters make them their own without their original counterparts showing up and making it confusing and weird. Just my two cents though.

Quote:
So they’re making a Cameron character? Just borrowing a random name from the books so they can sit there and say, “It’s based on the books, not the original show” huh?
My thoughts exactly! I don't know if they'll try to make her some version of book Cameron, but I highly doubt that. Definitely seems like someone looked at the character list from all the books and chose random names.