View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 09:45 PM
☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆
Fan Forum Star

MacLaren's pub [ Off Topic ] #65: Because Mary and Alex can't seem to stop talking about the Buffyverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
are you feeling better Mary

Alex...preseason hall of fame game was kind of messy....
I'm better than I was two days ago. I just need my full appetite back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
How do you feel today?
I'm better than I was two days ago. I just need my full appetite back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yeah, David has been the most consistently successful TV actor of the last two decades with four hit shows back to back to back to back.

Hi, Mary! How are you feeling? Any better?

Well, like I told you, Mary, I think that Kate Lockley was who they initially wanted as Angel's love interest on the show. I don't think they had any illusions about Buffy and Angel living happily ever after. Cordy and Doyle was also a storyline they initially wanted to pursue, but again, events happened the way they happened. Glenn Quinn and Elizabeth Rohm left the show for various reasons, Wesley replaced Doyle, Fred and Gunn were introduced, Buffy died and the show moved to UPN, the writers decided to go in the direction of Angel/Cordelia, Buffy came back and got together with Spike, that stupid Conor storyline happened that made no sense, Charisma's pregnancy ended up changing Joss Whedon's plans for season 4, etc. Jasmine wasn't even supposed to exist. Cordy was supposed to be the villain of season 4 and Angel was going to battle her and bring her back to normal or something, but Charisma's pregnancy necessitated a total change in the storyline. So basically a lot of stuff happened that was beyond anyone's control. It's a shame because I really would've liked to have seen what those shows would've been like if things had gone differently. Oh, and the Conor/Cordelia thing would've been weird no matter what.

Oh, I forgot that you were a Spuffy shipper. Well, I've seen other Spuffy fans who hated on Angel. But again, I do think that they at least could've done something with Angel/Faith instead of having her go to Sunnydale and having Angel get involved with wolf-girl.
He is an amazing actor that's for sure.

Well you are forgetting his moment of true happiness if you think it would be acceptable for Kate and Cordy to be Angel's love interest. Did you forget why Angel left Buffy in Sunnydale? Kate would be a little better considering she doesn't work for Angel. I don't know why the writers kept on wanting to force a romance on Angel considering they had Giles be single for years. Angel is better off being friends with both Cordy and Kate. Cordy and Kate don't have that much of a stronghold against Angelus like Faith and Buffy would. Cordy would have to find a job elsewhere if to "fall in "love" with Angel". She would also have to pass her visions to somebody else.

Buffy didn't have a lovey dovey relationship with Spike in Season Six though. She kind of liked him while using him. She broke it off with him in As You Were. He then trying to get her jealous in Xander&Anya's wedding in Hell's Bells, which worked, but when he kept on begging and begging, but didn't have good results. He then attempted to rape her out of frustration, which made Buffy pissed saying "Ask me again why I will never love you." Spike then came home to his crypt feeling bad about the situation which led to him to being conflicted on either getting his chip removed or getting a soul. He then chose to get a soul. Going through the demon trails and all that, which impressed Buffy in the final season. She fell in love with Spike the next season while still caring about Angel.

prev. fairytalesam

prev. davis-viola

A Dark Phoenix Reborn In The Spotlight

https://foreverbangel.tumblr.com/pos...lphabet-l-love

When everything you love is stolen from you

Last edited by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆; 08-04-2018 at 09:54 PM