View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 07:42 PM
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I just don't think it's impossible that someone can change their mind.

That W. Virginia estate move was so romantic ( quite the investment, too). It's no wonder Justin was so shocked. All this time, Justin wanted for Brian to act like his Prince Charming, and here he was becoming it. It's just bit much to take in. Justin was overwhelmed and quite incredulous to all these stops Brian was pulling out for him, but I'm sure that true romantic inside of him was screaming.

I'll never get over how freaking amazing that "I love you" was. The way he said it, too... so breathy and emotional. I'm a sucker for a emotionalism, and that had so much feeling in it.

And yes, I completely agree with you! I never believed for a moment they broke up, even though I was upset they spent the series finale apart. But not ONCE did either of them say this is GOODBYE, no. Brian said, "Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again..." which to me is like an IF, he was speaking on a theoretical basis. Nothing was definite, he was just ruminating the the possibility that Justin would be a way for some time. For all we know, Brian could have taken a trip to NY just like a month later... who knows? I just don't believe it was ever a final goodbye. All they just exchanged words, held on to the rings, and made passionate love for the next few scenes. They never once said goodbye.
Yes! I can see other people's arguments about Brian's later actions being OOC but I personally disagree and believe it's possible people can change their minds - especially after doing something so powerful and life-changing as embracing love. Brian finally let his heart be torn open. It could've hit him like a flood just like the estate and the proposal felt like an overwhelming flood to Justin.

And YES - Gale's delivery of the first "I love you" especially MELTED my heart. I can't watch it with dry eyes...just can't. Beautiful emotion there. Like Brian's dam finally burst. I can't watch that episode/scene without rewinding (at least once) to see that part again. It's soooo good! There has never been a better ILY on TV, IMO. This one is by far the most meaningful, because of the build-up. Even though Justin knew that Brian had been showing him love for a while, for him to say it was monumental. I also liked how Brian looked into Justin's eyes to confirm what he'd just said, with a second ILY. Bonus round!

Yes, totally. They didn't say goodbye. Who knows how long it was before their first visit, or even text message? Or perhaps their first time sexting? I just read a great fan review of the series finale in which they said that Brian's line about "It's only time" is perhaps the most misunderstood line of the entire series...and I have to admit on my first watch-through, I misunderstood, too. I was so happy when I saw the writers confirm that they stayed together. Now I'm almost to the end of the series again and I've got that in mind, so I don't think the ending will destroy me emotionally, this time.