View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 12:48 PM
golden_dust
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Eliza (Liz):
<STRONG>I LOVE DIEGO LUNA!!! He's an amazing actor and he's definitely very easy on the eyes. I just don't understand why people keep comparing it to the first Dirty Dancing. It's not even a sequel to it. Nowhere on the title does it have a 2 or does it say it is a sequel. It is even set BEFORE the original. This is also based on TRUE events, which makes it even more authentic in my eyes. The only thing I could think of is that maybe they should've just named it Havana Nights to avoid confusion. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Either way, I am defintely buying the DVD as soon as it comes out. </STRONG>
ITA- I think the producers didnt think that the hard-core DD fans would have such a problem with the title of the movie. I think Havana Nights would have been a fine title and we would have gotten the hint that this was a "dirty dancing" movie plus we would have been surprised with the Patrick Swayze cameo. But I guess they had to come out with the "reimagination" line so that we wouldnt think they were blatently copying from DD.

I still think this movie is great- I love Diego too! I cant wait for DVD so I can watch it again and again like the original. I hope there are lots of extras!

I love the original so much that i just got the Ultimate Edition DVD and its packed with extras and also a little segment on HN. I wish I knew how or could make screen caps of it cuz the shots of Diego smiling are great.