View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 06:38 PM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

Yes, the whole Medicare/insurance/drug thing is quite a racket! And expensive! We are doing the AARP/UnitedHealthcare thing.

Oh the trials and travails of a new baby! And so many rules about them, to make parents even more nervous of doing something wrong with them! I hope they get in sync soon and Em gets some sleep. I wonder if first babies aren't more difficult (mine was too) because the parents are so nervous, the babies get nervous? Oh well, they are all different and I also think they are pretty much born with their personalities firmly in place (although tucked away because they are so small).

Mr ML and I went up to the beach via subway to a big International Sand Sculpture thing they have. I'd seen pictures of it but never been. People fly in from all over the world to build giant sand castles, er, sculptures. I suppose there is voting and prize money - it's a 3-day event. It's been forever since I've walked on a beach - I love the beach (I just hate the sun! And not too keen about sand all over either - lol). Mr ML isn't a beach guy at all. Hates cold water. It was low tide and millions of tiny baby clams all over the beach and interesting stuff. Seagulls, kids running around. Beautiful day. And it also was just like ArtBeat (minus the art, except sand-art), with tons of vendors and food trucks of all variety of gross things (fried dough, sausages), and too loud musical acts on a little stage, masses of humanity. We walked up and downfor miles and didn't find anything we wanted for lunch. Plus everything was super expensive, I thought. I was so tired I didn't think I'd make it home, and fell into bed and slept for 2 hours! And typical of Mr ML, when he's tired- he goes and plays basketball for awhile. I swear all the men in his family have ADHD/are hyperactive.

And tonight is poker night and the guys are here and I'm hiding out.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan