View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 11:24 AM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

You are such a considerate person PodMom giving the new couple their space. New parenthood is a very hard adjustment! People hear about 'no sleep' and 'crying for hours' but they can't really wrap their heads around it until they are in the thick of it themselves. But it gets better! LOL, right around when they go off to college Kidding!

We went to see a lady tax advisor about Dad's trust taxes that will come next year (had been warned that Trust taxes are not for the faint of heart/require an expert), and that led to a whole new round of 'homework' gathering stuff and figuring out stuff she needed to know (like how much we thought all the stuff in Dad's condo was worth - we sold it furnished/turnkey as people like in Florida). And how much we spent fixing up the condo to sell last winter, and the bills for the condo etc. Mailed her off a big envelope of stuff today. Anyway, she was very nice and seemed like a smart lady.

We had a few more brutally hot and humid days, but today is a gift from Heaven - mid 70s, low humidity - Ahhh. THIS is the climate I'd like to find. (Right next to that pot of gold, I'm sure - )

Ugh, the work continues on the (former crazy neighbor gal) house next to us (in our side yard - they built it ON the property line) - hammering starts around 7 a.m. And they hammered out the entire brick foundation on our side and propped up the house with a couple of beams - I was sure the whole thing was going to topple over onto our house. Now they've laid a new cement foundation wall - managed to break off a big part of my rose bush, even though Mr ML went out and spoke to the guy to be careful of my rose bush (as my last rosebush got trampled by workmen years back). sigh. I think they are digging out the whole cellar to make it bigger, took out all the stone and brick foundation and are pouring a new cement foundation under the house - huge job (I'm sure making a basement apartment is the plan - it's a tiny house, new owner wants to get his money back). So hammering and pounding and yelling and sawing, plus cement trucks coming and going, blocking the street, and their trucks taking up several parking spots.

Plus the gas company is digging up all the streets around our house, laying new gas lines, so half the time the end of our street is blocked off, plus they leave their steamshovels (well, not steam) and stuff parked overnight at the end of our street, so talking up 5 or 6 parking spots at least, which are at a premium in the city. We're lucky we have a driveway! This too shall pass!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan