View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 02:20 AM
Sternbetrachter
Fan Forum Legend

you mean when it's not an emergency?
it depends, when I make my annual appointment wit my dentist, it can be that I have to wait 3 months for the next one or it can be in 3 weeks ... but that is just a check up, nothing hurts
if I am in pain, I go to the doctor, I might have to wait a few hours till he is done with the other patients and has time for me but I can get help on the same day
... from experience, I know, that when I look close to fainting/death, I will be seen/taken care of within minutes

ETA:
to clarify, I had to stay in hospital three times so far
1) a slight concussion - had to stay for two nights just to be sure it was nothing else/more
2) a life threatening operation and staying for aabout 4 days in the hospital (I was operated about 2 hours after I visited my doctor)
3) another big operation, not life threatening, having to stay in the hospital for a week (I knew about the operation having to be done about 2 months before it took place)
and each and every time, I only had to pay about 10 $ for each day I was in the hospital! ... so, less than 100
visiting my doctor/dentist/etc isn't me costing anything either

why is it so cheap?
because every month, I have to pay health insurance - all in all, it is about 40 % of my income before taxes - half of that, I have to pay, the other half, my employer is paying for me and that is not just my job, that is how it is for everyone, no matter the job
so, when you make € 2.000,00/month before taxes, you have to pay about € 400,00 for health insurance and another ... uh, lets say € 150 income tax, so you only get € 1.450,00 cash but you certainly won't be broke when you are sick

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart

Last edited by Sternbetrachter; 07-18-2018 at 09:01 AM