View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 09:43 AM
Taryn74
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
Ah, if that "true believers" line was about the ones wanting to restore the old Commander system it makes more sense. But I thought she was referring to Octavia's followers because Miller and his soldiers had the guns... Guess I have to watch again!
Yeah it was when Niylah was trying to sneak Clarke in to get to Madi, the "true believers" were the ones already gathering together for the Ascension ceremony, and the only weapon they had was the one gun Clarke had pulled off the guard.

I may or may not have bought the season on amazon so I could go back and rewatch scenes easily.

ETA to comment on these two:

Quote:
I'm not saying that Octavia is right and I totally understand being pissed off at her right now, but I don't think the only purpose of the fighting pits was to control the population. It's the whole "enemy of Wonkru" thing as well. Two birds with one stone. I think Octavia's main motivation this season isn't to maintain power for herself, but to keep her people unified and at peace with each other. Like you saw how quickly they started bickering and fighting about who's skaikru and who's in what clan as soon as Octavia was in a coma. This goes back to Jaha's final lesson to her about needing to create an enemy for her people to fight against together. She's gotten them through six years of apparent hell this way and I think she's just really scared of what will happen to everyone if their unity falls apart.
Quote:
Octavia is a warrior more than anything else, has been since season 2. She's not necessarily a natural leader like some of the other characters, so this is the way she has to lead to maintain control.

"Who we are and who we need to be to survive are two very different things." Octavia has just been focused on Wonkru surviving. So now that her morality is being questioned, I don't think she knows quite how to deal with it.
Oh G-d, YES to all of this!