View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 03:26 AM
CanIcallYouKate
Elite Fan

LOL maybe you have all mentioned this before but changing "the head and the heart" to "the heart and the head" is probably deliberate, right? To show that mentalities have been switched between the two?

I do agree that they are not the same people they were 6 years ago but their core characters probably have not changed all that much. Bellamy made a conscious choice to be more Clarke-like to honor her advice and memory, hence thinks more strategically now. And Clarke has been made more emotional and vulnerable by only being around Madi, whom she's grown to love like her daughter.

Doesn't mean that their instinctual emotional bond is broken at all. You can see it in moments like the one where Bellamy falters and is worried that O might die after all and Clarke immediately tries to comfort and reassure him. The old versions of them are still inside, even if they're at odds. They have been before and they reconciled before. And I do not think it will be rushed or contrived or forced because I never felt any development in their relationship has been written that way so far

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon