View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 10:36 AM
ABrianitesince2001B
New Fan

Hi, again,

I wanted to correct that I was moved to psychiatry on 12/13 and not on 12/3.

5 months of in-patient therapy advanced me tremendously. Again, the meds are helping an awful lot too.

This has been a blessing. I never felt hope before. I do now for the first time since seventh grade and I'm 51 now.

The shelter's great, as well. It's a dorm setting. Case workers help with home placement and all that goes with it: credit improvement, vital documents (ss card, birth certificate, etc), and there's a free legal team here to help with ssi, disability, medicaid, and food stamps. The sleeping arrangement is a dorm setting and we get two lockers in which to keep all our stuff.

I'm also dating a lovely man named Chris. I never thought I would be with anybody ever again after my ten year relationship broke up 3 years ago. He's soooooo cute, 6'3", about 220 lbs. And, I'm a cougar. He's 8 yrs my junior. However, he's lived three lifetimes compared to me - he's done three tours in the airforce and was in Afghanistan, has metal in his back and neck, he's a cancer survivor, and on and on. He fell on hard times honestly. He's not addicted to any substances. He's the first good man I've ever dated and this is the healthiest relationship I've ever been in.THANKS TO THERAPY AND MEDS. We're taking things extremely slowly b/c we're both bringing complications, mine psychological, his physical.

Anyway, I was rushed off the other day b/c the computer lab was suddenly swimming with people. I wanted to finish explaining in a little more detail about what this place is like so you don't think of it as you see in the movies. I've made some lifelong friends here b/c we all hit rock bottom so there are no aires and we're here long-term, seeing each other everyday at our best but usually at our worst. LOL

Again, thanks for your heartfelt replies. I'm sorry that some of you also suffer from agoraphobia. I'm guessing that, like me, that's accompanied by social anxiety and perhaps even panic disorders. It sucks. I still fight it every minute of every day. Very luckily for me I have a rather large man who makes sure I leave the campus with him to walk to the store, and mostly, to take the bus. The bus is a huge challenge for me even WITH Chris but he's helping me gear up for a solo trip. It must be done or else I'll remain trapped.

It won't surprise any of you that I have no earthly clue what PM is. But, I can't really set anything like that up on these computers (if anything has to be set up, IDK.) Chris is also my resident tech but he just got a job so he's not around during the day anymore.

I love you all. I send you all my sincere and best wishes that all of our minds heal whatever it is that traps us in unholy hell.

Take care of yourselves,
Beth

Brian and Justin forever
ABrianitesince2001B is offline   Reply With Quote