View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 08:11 PM
PrincipessaBella
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liriel (View Post)
True, but the same could be said about our show. It wasn't all that close to the books, either. A bit closer than this, certainly, but not that close.
I'm not implying that the original show was a closer adaptation to the books, definitely closer than what this new one will be. My point with that original comment was because this new one was being touted earlier by the people involved as being closer to the book series, when in fact, it's even further from the books than the original show was (it should be noted that CM did not actually read the series and has no plans to). So much further that it would have made more sense to make an entirely new show about aliens. As we get closer to production starting, there's more and more information available and it becomes much clearer as to the content. Obviously the show is happening as is and both versions will be so drastically different from each other as well as from the book series. It was just an observation I had during a much larger and more in depth discussion about tv in general.