View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 11:47 PM
Mignonette
Obsessed Fan

Arinna, I agree Lu had nothing against it. She'd have done anything to have Ces

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I think Lu having a place of her own would've been nice, kind of like what Rodrigo gave to Giulia. Ces could have a secret access tunnel put in and everything.
Brilliant point, Alex! Ces got the palace for Lu exactly like Rodrigo did for Guila! . And with Charlotte off clueless in France, he could live secretly with Lu & their babies. He wasn't wasting any more time, because the day after she returned to Rome, he moved her in, telling her "YOU need premises of YOUR own to avoid prying eyes". Obvious what he had in mind for her & for Alf

IRL Ces' apartments were adjoined to the palace he got for Lu in Rome near the end of her marriage to Sforza. (NJ loved using bits of actual events on the show). A few months after they moved in, Sforza fled in the middle of the night back to Pesaro in fear for his life from Cesare. Shortly after, Lu went to the convent & baby Giovanni showed up soon afterward. Hmmm..

Quote:
I can only wish they did end up going to bed, but Alf was there being annoying.
My think they did, Alex, after the "where's the scandal?" scene. It was the day after they'd escaped Naples and Alf was still at the Vatican. He didn't know about the palace when Ces took Lu there The previous night was where Ces ran to Lu and kissed her passionately. He was so relieved she was safe, he didn't care that his men & her husband were watching them. He took her to the palace the next day. She knew his intention when he said "to avoid prying eyes" & it's why she said Alf could cause scandal if he saw anything. They'd left the courtyard & were at the bottom of the stairs when they had this conversation.

Ces told Orsini: "I would know where she is, where her husband is, at every hour of every day", so he knew when Alf wasn't home.

Quote:
You really think that Lu had no idea what Cesare would do after Alfonso was out of the way? I would've thought that Lu knew him better than that. Yes, Cesare was ruthless when it came to defending the family and defeating their enemies, but he was always consistent with her. The only time he wasn't was when she began to return his advances and he was caught off guard and seemed uncertain. But that was probably more due to the incest than anything else. She's the one who kept bringing up scandal, you know? But yeah, he probably should've communicated to her better.
Lu hoped he'd claim her, but I don't think she knew for sure until he said "Mine". I think if she'd known, she would've been so angsty at Alf's killing. Yeah, she knew Ces, but they had sex, he became hard to read. Remember when she got upset with him at the fireworks scene saying she didn't like surprises? Ces kept lots of things from her to protect her, but also because he wanted her to see him as her hero. He saw things through a man's eyes: protect and provide for the woman he loved. Lu saw things through a woman's eyes: needing him by her side and to be the only thing that mattered to him. Mars and Venus. He needed time to learn to relate to her as a lover and she needed time to.relate to his need to take care of her.

Did Lu mention scandal more than the one time? I don't recall. She knew why Ces got the palace for her & was concerned Alf would come home unexpectedly. She wasn't aware Ces always knew where Alf was, because he had Orsini reporting to him hourly.

He was consistent in his love for her, but his actions were contradictory sometimes. He made love to her, but when she cried "where is your love for me?" & "I love you", he wouldn't say it back That really hurts a woman, because we need words! She'd fallen deeply in love with him and he broke her heart again when it told her their affair was in the past and he went off to France and got married - all after promising to make her happy and be by her side. . The morning after sex, he literally ran from her & she was SHATTERED. He was conflicted, so he sent mixed messages, like kissing her in the armory & nearly having sex in her room, but saying no when she went later to his bed. He started the incest with the armory kiss, but then he struggled with it. She never had that struggle - she just wanted him! In the "everything" scene, he kissed her neck & sucked her finger, but then refused her. And he got her the palace, but refused to kiss her in The Prince, wtf Ces?

Last edited by Mignonette; 07-06-2018 at 09:40 AM