View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 01:19 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
Bones does it even more! There are scenes, some singing even, in which you can tell that he's having fun in RL.
That's great for him I could always tell in the short scenes I saw and behind the scenes with Emily that he was enjoying himself.

Quote:
I'm not a Spike fan in general but I hate him in season 5 of AtS.
Sure he provided some good humor, I laughed at a couple or so of his jibes but he was utterly useless plotwise and made a flippin' 5-year-old of Angel, something that badly needed Cordy's attention (I'd say in the form of a spanking but I feel that would only encourage Angel ).
Admittedly, I do appreciate his getting a protective moment out of Angel, referring of course to when be bit Cordy in 'You're Welcome' but that's all he was good for as far as I'm concerned.
I think they under-served Spike in Season 5 like James Marsters said, they tried to make him the new Old-Skool Cordelia just like in Season 4 of Buffy - have him be the one who's there to make sarcastic jokes and tell everyone how stupid they are. The one good thing that came out of it was seeing him share a couple of scenes with Charisma after so many years Plus, I thought he had great chemistry with David. Having said that, Season 5 felt like it was disconnected from the whole show to me. I think the writers dug themselves a hole for how they treated Cordy in Season 4, and they never recovered.

Quote:
As much as I like Fred I can't help but resent her because her death got the on-screen mourning Cordy's needed!
True. I had actually grown to love Fred, by that point - but yes, Joss definitely gave her a death surrounded by the whole cast, whereas Cordy got a disgraceful demon possession and one tagged-on episode in S5 that, from what I've heard, was actually orignally meant for Buffy (but SMG couldn't reschedule).

Quote:
Teenage Connor was definitely a sickfest.
Even Charisma hated that and was extremely uncomfortable doing the intimate stuff with the actor and it wasn't just because she was pregnant. She'd expressed being more comfortable with David because of their chemistry and probably because of their history.
I'll never forgive the writers for that whole icky love triangle
How on earth did they think this was comfortable entertainment? The REAL Cordy loved Connor's father. We were stuck looking at Charisma who was reluctantly playing a warped version of the character and now the evil!Cordy/Connor thing will always be canon and I hate it.
Charisma and Julie Benz talked about how ridiculous it was at a convention. Julie jokingly said, (as Connor's mother,) "I didn't approve of that." Neither did we.

Quote:
Anne.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen