View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 04:40 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Lila!

Cesare acted like Giovanni's father when he saw Juan pulling a Michael Jackson with him on the balcony. That really set him off. I think that's when he knew he was gonna kill him. You don't mess with Lucrezia's baby when Cesare is around. And oh yeah, Cesare was the first to hold him, wasn't he? Remember when Ces and Lu were both looking down at baby Giovanni like happy parents?

Oh, I forgot that Cesare was carrying Giovanni to Alf and Lu's bedroom. I think that was another source of contention with them. Alfonso was never really close with Lucrezia's son and didn't really bond with him at all. I think Alfonso saw the connection between Cesare and Giovanni and that bothered him as well.

I actually forgot how many children Lucrezia had. She had more with her third husband, right? And I expect that Cesare had visited them often. And that's a good point that Cesare did make Giovanni heir to his estate even though he did have other children.

See, that's another thing I didn't like about The Borgias Apocalypse. I can't see Lucrezia trying to poison Cesare after how much he had done to protect her son and how close he had become to him, even making him his heir. It just seemed like NJ put that in there just out of spite for all the fans who loved Ces and Lu together.